Optibrium is a growing technology company dedicated to providing software to guide decisions involving complex, uncertain data in an intuitive way.
Working at Optibrium offers an environment where you can fulfil your potential and build a career. From day-one, you will be working as part of a team and given every opportunity to utilise and expand your skills and expertise. Your contributions will always be valued and likely to have significant influence in the advancement of Optibrium’s cheminformatics and computational chemistry software product range.
Please email a short cover note, outlining your skills, experience and why you’d like to join the Optibrium team, along with a copy of your current CV to: email@example.com
Business Development Manager - North America
To support our growth in North America, we are expanding our US Business Development team. We are recruiting a sales executive with a chemistry, biology, or related life science background. Experience from a role in business development or inside sales is beneficial. This position will be based in Boston, MA or the northeast USA. The successful candidate must be eligible to work in the USA.
Main Responsibilities and Objectives
- Identify and validate new opportunities to expand our customer base and develop new relationships, especially within the vibrant biotech community
- Independently plan and perform the sales process, managing multiple opportunities and projects simultaneously
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our software products and their value to research organisations within the pharmaceutical and related sectors. Demonstrate the software workflows and the value they bring via in-person or web-meetings with customers
- Proactively support existing accounts, nurture customer relationships, and generate additional business opportunities for license expansion and cross-selling
- Provide timely feedback to our UK-based product development team from customers regarding bugs or potential feature enhancements to guide future product development and communicate progress to customers
- Represent Optibrium at trade shows, partnering meetings and other conferences
Senior Software Engineer
As part of our exciting plans for future product enhancement and growth, we are looking to recruit a software engineer to work on client- and server-side code development of Optibrium’s cheminformatics and computational chemistry software product range. This position will be based in Cambridge, UK.
- Work closely with users and product owners to capture and shape software requirements
- Identify software architectures, class and library designs that have appropriate clarity and flexibility
- Write clean, maintainable code with a commitment to testing
- Help extend, maintain and refactor existing code bases as well as writing new code for new projects
- Develop user-centric GUI designs with a good balance of power and usability
Essential Experience and Skills
- 4+ years’ experience developing software in a commercial and/or open-source environment
- Good knowledge of C++, including new C++ standards
- Good knowledge of Python
- Experience working directly with customers to understand their needs and deliver solutions
- Good understanding of software development processes
- A good degree or equivalent in Computer Science or scientific discipline