Optibrium is a growing technology company dedicated to providing software to guide decisions involving complex, uncertain data in an intuitive way.
Working at Optibrium offers an environment where you can fulfil your potential and build a career. From day-one, you will be working as part of a team and given every opportunity to utilise and expand your skills and expertise. Your contributions will always be valued and likely to have significant influence in the advancement of Optibrium’s cheminformatics and computational chemistry software product range.
Please email a short cover note, outlining your skills, experience and why you’d like to join the Optibrium team, along with a copy of your current CV to: email@example.com
Application Support Scientist
To support our growing customer base and product portfolio, we are looking for someone with a background in chemistry or life sciences to join our Application Science team to help our users to get the most value from our software. The role will be based in Cambridge, UK, or Boston, MA, with opportunities to travel (up to 25%) to visit customers and attend conferences.
Main Responsibilities and Objectives
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of how to deploy and use StarDrop and Cerella™ in the context of small molecule design, optimisation and data analysis and workflows within the pharmaceutical and related life science industries
- Deliver organized, courteous, and effective support to our users via email, telephone/web-meeting or in person, answering questions and providing guidance on the application of our software to their research projects. Support tickets are tracked daily in our online helpdesk software
- Provide individual and group training to new users to help them to learn how to use our software. Training is offered to customers via web meeting or at a customer site, working together with our business development team
- Collaborate with our software engineering team to address technical issues that our customers may encounter, including installation (client and server), usage and application extension (Python scripting) questions. The StarDrop desktop application is supported on Windows and Mac, and its servers are Linux-based
- Provide timely feedback to our product development team regarding bugs or potential feature enhancements. Track these in our web-based project tracking system and communicate progress to customers
- Participate in writing and editing documentation, worked examples, and tutorials, and recording supporting videos
- Take advantage of opportunities to conduct scientific validation studies and contribute to co-authoring posters and presentations with our research team
Optibrium is a growing technology company dedicated to developing software to guide decisions involving complex, uncertain data in an intuitive way. Our primary product, StarDrop, is focused on the pharmaceutical industry, helping scientists to reduce the time and cost of designing better medicines. As part of our exciting plans for future product enhancement and growth, we are looking to recruit a DevOps engineer to support ongoing project and greenfield development work. We use modern technologies and workflows to develop Machine-Learning-as-a-Service products analysing large volumes of chemical and biological data. This enables our customers to target the best compounds and focus experimental resources on the most valuable measurements.
We are looking for someone with strong Python development skills and a passion for Development Operations to support existing DevOps work and product growth. Compared with traditional Operations roles, you will spend a large amount of time developing, testing and deploying Python server applications. The role will suit a Python developer looking to move into DevOps or an experienced DevOps engineer looking to use their strong coding skills. While this particular mix of skills is uncommon, and it is not expected that an applicant will have experience in all areas, ongoing career development, including training and certification opportunities, will be available.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Advanced Python programming and packaging experience, including:
setuptools/buildtools, behave, pytest, flask, WSGI servers, flake8, NumPy, Pandas and SciPy
- Deep understanding of docker build and distribution strategies
- Experience developing Kubernetes applications with deployment via Helm charts
As part of our exciting plans for future product enhancement and growth, we are looking to recruit a software engineer to work on client- and server-side code development of Optibrium’s cheminformatics and computational chemistry software product range. This position will be based in Cambridge, UK.
- Write clean, maintainable code with a commitment to testing
- Work closely with users and product owners to capture and shape software requirements
- Identify software architectures, class and library designs that have an appropriate clarity, power and flexibility
- Help extend, maintain and refactor existing code bases as well as writing new code for new projects
- Develop user-centric GUI designs with a good balance of power and usability
Essential Experience and Skills
- 2+ years’ experience developing software in a commercial and/or open-source environment
- Good knowledge of C++, including new C++ standards
- Good understanding of software development processes
- A good degree or equivalent in Computer Science or scientific discipline