Optibrium is a growing technology company dedicated to providing software to guide decisions involving complex, uncertain data in an intuitive way.
Working at Optibrium offers an environment where you can fulfil your potential and build a career. From day-one, you will be working as part of a team and given every opportunity to utilise and expand your skills and expertise. Your contributions will always be valued and likely to have significant influence in the advancement of Optibrium’s cheminformatics and computational chemistry software product range.
Please email a short cover note, outlining your skills, experience and why you’d like to join the Optibrium team, along with a copy of your current CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development Manager – Europe
The Business Development Manager for Europe (including the UK) will cover the full business development lifecycle, proactively finding and following up on leads, running the sales process and managing accounts post-sale. As part of our commercial team and with support from colleagues in application sciences, research and legal, you will be responsible for growing our customer base, retaining current accounts and meeting revenue targets. You will work with organisations ranging from multi-national companies to early-stage startups, leveraging your background from chemistry, biology or related life sciences, your understanding of computational approaches, and experience from a previous business development role to build new relationships.
The successful candidate might be based in the UK, Germany, or France, with regular travel to the headquarters in Cambridge, UK, along with visits to customer sites and conferences (up to 25%) across Europe.
Responsibilities and Objectives
- Identify and validate new opportunities to expand our customer base and develop new relationships, especially within the vibrant biotech community.
- Leverage your network and use inside sales, databases, networking events and other resources to identify new leads.
- Independently plan and perform the sales process, managing multiple opportunities and projects simultaneously. Take a detail-oriented approach to track opportunities in our CRM platform and organise the related documents.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our software products and their value to research organisations within the pharmaceutical and related sectors. Demonstrate the software workflows and the value they bring via in-person or web-meetings with customers. Work with Optibrium’s subject-matter experts where appropriate.
- Proactively support existing accounts, nurture customer relationships, and generate additional business opportunities for license expansion and cross-selling. Work with our application science team to offer customer training.
- As part of the commercial team, contribute to developing the commercial strategy and campaigns.
- Provide timely feedback to our UK-based product development team from customers regarding bugs or potential feature enhancements to guide future product development and communicate progress to customers.
- Represent Optibrium at trade shows, partnering meetings and other conferences.
Application Support Engineer
To support our growing customer base and product portfolio, we are expanding our Custom Services team. We are looking for someone with strong Python scripting skills and pharma industry or cheminformatics experience to implement custom integrations with our users’ informatics platforms and help them get the most value from our software.
The role is based in Boston, MA, with opportunities to travel (up to 10%) to visit customers. We offer a hybrid working environment.
Responsibilities and Objectives
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of how to deploy and use Optibrium’s products within the pharmaceutical and related life science industries and the full range of possibilities for custom development
- In partnership with our business development team, communicate with customers via email, web-meeting or in-person to capture their requirements for client-side and server-side custom development and integration projects. Scope and prepare project proposals
- Manage and deliver projects for customers in a timely fashion, working closely with other members of Optibrium’s custom services team and designated IT or scientific staff at customer organisations
- Write clean, maintainable code with a commitment to testing
- Collaborate with our application science team to address technical issues that our customers may encounter, including installation (client and server), usage and application extension (Python scripting) questions. Deliver organised, courteous, and effective support to our users. Track tickets in our online support helpdesk software
- Provide timely feedback to our product development team regarding bugs or potential feature enhancements. Track these in our web-based project tracking system and communicate progress to customers
- The StarDrop desktop application is supported on Windows and macOS, and its servers are Linux-based. Familiarity with configuring and deploying software to run on all three platforms is essential. Cerella™ is a cloud-hosted platform. Familiarity with Docker and with supporting software in cloud environments, such as AWS or GCP is beneficial.
Optibrium is a growing technology company dedicated to developing software to guide decisions involving complex, uncertain data in an intuitive way. Our primary product, StarDrop, is focused on the pharmaceutical industry, helping scientists to reduce the time and cost of designing better medicines. As part of our exciting plans for future product enhancement and growth, we are looking to recruit a DevOps engineer to support ongoing project and greenfield development work. We use modern technologies and workflows to develop Machine-Learning-as-a-Service products analysing large volumes of chemical and biological data. This enables our customers to target the best compounds and focus experimental resources on the most valuable measurements.
We are looking for someone with strong Python development skills and a passion for Development Operations to support existing DevOps work and product growth. Compared with traditional Operations roles, you will spend a large amount of time developing, testing and deploying Python server applications. The role will suit a Python developer looking to move into DevOps or an experienced DevOps engineer looking to use their strong coding skills. While this particular mix of skills is uncommon, and it is not expected that an applicant will have experience in all areas, ongoing career development, including training and certification opportunities, will be available.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Advanced Python programming and packaging experience, including:
setuptools/buildtools, behave, pytest, flask, WSGI servers, flake8, NumPy, Pandas and SciPy
- Deep understanding of docker build and distribution strategies
- Experience developing Kubernetes applications with deployment via Helm charts
Join Optibrium’s marketing team to spearhead the development of our digital marketing channels, SEO, analytics and insight generation.
We are looking for an experienced marketing professional with enthusiasm for all things digital and with the talent to develop this role in a growing team. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with the Head of Marketing and the global business development team, delivering on key strategic initiatives by executive management and the board. This position will be based in our Cambridge, UK, offices.
- Support digital marketing strategy and planning
- Manage digital campaigns, including Google Ads and LinkedIn Campaign Manager
- Lead digital channel analytics and web presence SEO
- Contribute to managing social media channels and website content, increasing engagement and generating sales leads
- Support email marketing campaigns
- Support the commercial team with customer insights and analytics
Essential Experience and Skills
- Multi-channel marketing experience
- Experience with Google Ads, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, HubSpot and working with WordPress
- SEO and digital channel analytics experience, including tools like SEMRush and Google Analytics