Optibrium is a growing technology company dedicated to providing software to guide decisions involving complex, uncertain data in an intuitive way.
Working at Optibrium offers an environment where you can fulfil your potential and build a career. From day-one, you will be working as part of a team and given every opportunity to utilise and expand your skills and expertise. Your contributions will always be valued and likely to have significant influence in the advancement of Optibrium’s cheminformatics and computational chemistry software product range.
Please email a short cover note, outlining your skills, experience and why you’d like to join the Optibrium team, along with a copy of your current CV to: email@example.com
Optibrium is a growing technology company dedicated to developing software to guide decisions involving complex, uncertain data in an intuitive way. Our primary product, StarDrop, is focused on the pharmaceutical industry, helping scientists to reduce the time and cost of designing better medicines. As part of our exciting plans for future product enhancement and growth, we are looking to recruit a DevOps engineer to support ongoing project and greenfield development work. We use modern technologies and workflows to develop Machine-Learning-as-a-Service products analysing large volumes of chemical and biological data. This enables our customers to target the best compounds and focus experimental resources on the most valuable measurements.
We are looking for someone with strong Python development skills and a passion for Development Operations to support existing DevOps work and product growth. Compared with traditional Operations roles, you will spend a large amount of time developing, testing and deploying Python server applications. The role will suit a Python developer looking to move into DevOps or an experienced DevOps engineer looking to use their strong coding skills. While this particular mix of skills is uncommon, and it is not expected that an applicant will have experience in all areas, ongoing career development, including training and certification opportunities, will be available.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Advanced Python programming and packaging experience, including:
setuptools/buildtools, behave, pytest, flask, WSGI servers, flake8, NumPy, Pandas and SciPy
- Deep understanding of docker build and distribution strategies
- Experience developing Kubernetes applications with deployment via Helm charts
As part of our exciting plans for future product enhancement and growth, we are looking to recruit a software engineer to work on client- and server-side code development of Optibrium’s cheminformatics and computational chemistry software product range. This position will be based in Cambridge, UK.
- Write clean, maintainable code with a commitment to testing
- Work closely with users and product owners to capture and shape software requirements
- Identify software architectures, class and library designs that have an appropriate clarity, power and flexibility
- Help extend, maintain and refactor existing code bases as well as writing new code for new projects
- Develop user-centric GUI designs with a good balance of power and usability
Essential Experience and Skills
- 2+ years’ experience developing software in a commercial and/or open-source environment
- Good knowledge of C++, including new C++ standards
- Good understanding of software development processes
- A good degree or equivalent in Computer Science or scientific discipline
Postdoctoral Researcher – Cheminformatics
To support our internal research and development and applications of our technologies to customers’ drug discovery projects, we are looking to recruit a postdoctoral researcher. You will join a team of scientists and software engineers working at the forefront of machine/deep learning and molecular simulations applied to challenges in life sciences. The role will be based in Cambridge, UK, with opportunities to travel for collaborations and to attend conferences.
- Work with colleagues, collaborators and customers to apply machine/deep learning methods to challenges in drug discovery. Rigorously analyse experimental data and validate computational results to generate accurate and valuable insights, using our proprietary tools, as well as scripting languages such as Python, R, etc.
- Communicate the results of these studies clearly and engagingly in both written reports and presentations
- Contribute to the research of new methods to improve the drug discovery process, including statistical, QSAR, machine learning and AI algorithms
- Provide clear, actionable feedback to our product development teams to inform future developments and enhancements
- Present results from our research at conferences, in webinars and to customers. Author and co-author peer-reviewed publications
- Work with our business development team to understand our customers’ needs and prepare plans for new research projects and applications