Seamless connection with your in-house databases
Ensure that project leaders and decision makers have access to the latest and most relevant data for their projects.
StarDrop Query Interface
StarDrop provides a user-friendly tool for creating, sharing and executing structured database queries, returning the results ready for visualisation and analysis. Features include:
- User-friendly 'drag and drop' definition of search criteria
- Saving, sharing and running predefined queries
- Easy editing of criteria based on chemical structure, numerical, date, textual and categorical fields
- Access to multiple data sources
- Support for multiple data aggregation levels with on demand drill-down to underlying data
- Refresh to update results and analyses with new data
The Query Interface has been developed such that all configuration files, data sources, definitions, pre-defined queries etc. can be stored centrally, enabling easy deployment and updating. Users have the option to save their personal queries locally or share access to queries with other users. If results have underlying data, such as aggregated values or metadata, the user can drill-down to display additional information. The datasets returned are available for use with all StarDrop functionality for visualisation and analysis.
StarDrop's Query Interface has been developed so that multiple data sources can be configured with each data source queried independently. These data sources can include:
- Direct database connections (e.g. ODBC) – Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- Flat files
- Web services
- …anything into which StarDrop can pass a query and receive results
The Query Interface is available as an extension to StarDrop. To find out more about StarDrop and the Query Interface, to arrange an online demonstration or to try StarDrop for yourself, please contact us.